Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 5: Now it's Time for Something Different.

Per my bfffe Stephanie's suggestion, I decided to do something a little different than my standard cereal, mallow and butter treats this time. COOKIES! Because really, only nazis and communists (the two worst people ever) don't like cookies. And you're not a nazi or a communist, are you? ARE YOU?

The cereal this week was something I never thought I would be interested, kind of like some of the men I date. TOTAL. Isn't that an old people cereal? Possibly. But oh man it is new and delicious when it's blueberry and pomegranate. Antioxidants folks.


I also used one of my favorite things ever in these. No, not bearded men with tattoos... GOLDEN RAISINS!


Nicole hates these little bastards, so she got her cookies before the magic (or old fruit) was added. Yes, I do care about the happiness of my reviewers. If I put something someone HATES in the food, they get unhappy and then tell me my treats suck. Then I don't look as awesome as I truly am, and that is no good.

Recipe is as follows:

1 cup of butter (2 sticks) *note: you must use real butter. it is better for you and not full of nasty fake shit
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (imitation is okay)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp water
2 cup cereal
some chocolate chips and some raisins are optional. add what you think looks good.

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix the softened butter, sugars, eggs and water. Add the additional ingredients and mix well. I mix by hand (I swear they turn out better) but you can use a mixer. Add the cereal and mix last by hand so it doesn't get crushed up. As far as cookie size goes, it's kind of up to you. I got about 8-10 cookies on one ungreased sheet. Bake those babies for 13ish minutes and you are done!

It's really easy to turn this...

Into this!

Thursday was normal treat day at work. Even though miss Nicole was across town and Alicia was away, I had some other reviewers this time because everyone wants to be a Gilbert lady. Everyone loved the cookies. I believe that Karen gave them a 3. Colleen and Rebecca both liked them very much. They have not yet been informed of the 3 point rating so I will count them as both giving them a 3, haha. Colleen is moving to our office for good, so she will get treats every week I bet she is stoked. 
Later that evening I went out with some sweet ladies, so I thought I would bring them cookies as well. Good reviews all around, it seems that nobody didn't love these cookies. Even Dennis, a man who looks like he eats a lot of good food, liked them. 
Friday Nicole received her special delivery on the westside. Her cookies were different than everyone else's because they didn't have old fruit. Still delicious though, according to her. I would say that these were a success, and I will for sure be adding cereal cookies into the rotation!

Stephanie and Abbie love cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment